SCORM IFrame Permissions in DoceboLMS

Install and configure FormaLMS and DoceboCE
carpiediem

SCORM IFrame Permissions in DoceboLMS

Post by carpiediem »

I'm attempting to use a SCORM activity that accesses the user's webcam for part of the lesson. It works nicely on Moodle but on when I run it on Docebo, I get errors on both Chrome and Opera browsers. This is due to two factors coming into conflict:
  • Docebo is configured to copy SCORM content to Amazon's CMS (CloudFront). When users view the activity, the top window is pointing to our LMS domain, and an iframe is pointed to a URL on xxx.cloudfront.net with the actual SCORM content.
  • Chrome and Opera have security policies that prevent cross-domain iframes from accessing some browser features (including the camera) without explicit permission.
The easiest way to avoid the error (by giving necessary permissions to the iframe content) is to add an allow attribute within the iframe HTML element on the SCORM viewer page (e.g. /learn/course/1234/activity-title ).

So, my question is this: Is there any possible way to configure DoceboLMS to include an allow attribute in that iframe? Or is this something that could only ever be addressed by a future system update?

Thanks in advance for any insights you might have!
-Ryan

alberto
FormaLms Guru

Re: SCORM IFrame Permissions in DoceboLMS

Post by alberto »

Hi Ryan, welcome on board! :)

You mean you are still using docebo opensource (4.0.5 I guess)?
Please upgrade to Forma Lms wich is its open source successor since 2013, widely improved and refactored.

I'm not sure your issue have been addressed on the latest releases, but it will be easier for someone in this community to give you advice, if possible
--------------------------------------------------
Become a CONTRIBUTOR

Support the project for FREE!
www.Elearnit.net

carpiediem

Re: SCORM IFrame Permissions in DoceboLMS

Post by carpiediem »

Aha, I see. Actually, I'm working with the cloud-based Docebo LMS. I had assumed that this forum was referring to it, from the title. Since I don't have direct access to Docebo's support team, I thought I'd see if the community here had an answer to my question.

Thanks for clearing-up my misunderstanding- I guess I'll try and find a way to reach the official Docebo support, instead.